OUR LADY OF
TE KURA O TO MATOU WAHINE O RUATA
Nga Mihi Koutou Katoa
Our Lady of Lourdes is an inclusive and growing Catholic integrated primary school catering for tamariki from Year 1-6. We are located on the western side of Palmerston North, with a bi-cultural and multi cultural mixture whanau. We are a school based on the MERCY values . We strive to live out our MERCY Values of :
COMPASSION – PŪAROHA
RESPECT – WHAKAUTE
SOCIAL JUSTICE – PĀPORI TIKA
SERVICE – RATO
HOSPITALITY – MANAAKITANGA
Our Lady of Lourdes School – Subway Promotion. Free cookies for new and existing Lunchonline members.Wed Jun 16 11:13am
Summary of our Meeting/Hui #1 – June 9thThu Jun 10 08:46pm
Wednesday June 9th @ 5.30pm SUMMARY
BOT Members: Maria, Janine,Phillippa, John, Sheree, Jessica
Family community: Kelly/ Glen, Lisa, Janine, Sharon, Matt, Meliani, Justin, Tuiara, Daryl-Anne, Zoe, Lucy
Tracey, Monica, Rosette, Chris, Jessica, Patrick, Tim,
Staff: Whaea Frayne, Mr A, Mrs O’Connor, Mrs Pedley Karakia – Whaea Frayne
1. BUILDING UPDATE: A quick walk through of the junior block. Many things are on the go and the building completion is now looking at October. We will keep you updated.
2. UNIFORM DISCUSSION- sharing of some uniform options from Academy Apparel – they supply most of the Catholic schools.
APPROX. PRICES (depends on printed or embroidered logo)
● SKORT – $52
● ELASTIC WAIST SHORTS – $32-35
● POLO TOP (short sleeve) – $28
● POLO TOP (long sleeve) – $32
● POLAR FLEECE – $43
● PE SHORTS – $21
● NAVY SOCKS (3 pack) – $19-$23
This is a journey ahead as we gather ideas. The new uniform would be decided and approved by the Board once due process has taken place. Many discussions and ideas were shared.
We need a PE uniform urgently – currently difficulty with stock etc, this will be decided by Term 3, 2021.
Process would be completed with a possible new uniform in mid 2022 -early 2023 with a phase in and out period.
3. Matariki – FRIDAY JULY 2
The Why: As a school we are a crown entity – and have an obligation to uphold Te Titiro o Waitangi. We began this learning last year and the children were very engaged. We also are working through the new draft Aotearoa New Zealand History curriculum which links well with this.
“Matariki will be a distinctly New Zealand holiday; a time for reflection and celebration, and our first public holiday that recognises Te Ao Māori,” Ardern said. … “It will also break up the lag between public holidays that currently exists between Queen’s Birthday in early June and Labour Day in late October.”5/02/2021
Thank you for your thoughts, Ideas and suggestions
● Arrive at 7am (optional early start) – to see the stars as we start a new day.
● Liturgy – led by whanau leaders, light a candle, lantern for those who have passed, give thanks for what we have. If possible look to plant new harvests – and as a school programme, care for, harvest later in the year.
● Morning kai – porridge, sausages, spaghetti, toast
● School 9am -a range of activities throughout the day:
● Whanau groups/ Poi, Harakeke(flax work), rakau, Matariki activities, presentations of culture clubs in the senior rooms – junior, sharing of learning experiences, Maori Legends time/ create a digital wharenui (share minecraft with whanau)
THE FERTILISER DRIVE – August 7th – many hands make light work.
● The lines of communications were discussed. We have a variety of platforms we use to best cater for all – an older style paper correspondence when best to do so, personal and school emails, a digital school newsletter, the use of the school APP, daily Seesaw communication, fa schoolacebook and our webpage which is linked with up to date information.
● Parents to be given information regarding upcoming sports – rather than a note to the children only.
Coming up Term 3
Health consultation – required every two years
Data of where our school is at for the first half of the year-
We then all enjoyed a meal together… and enjoyed being together as a community. We look forward to our next meeting/hui.
Blessings, Ngā wkakpainga
The staff of OLOL
A reminder – for catering purposes please let the school office know if you are attending the meeting/hui tomorrow night @ 5.30pm. BlessingsTue Jun 08 03:03pm
An invitation to our School Community Meeting/HuiThu Jun 03 02:05pm
You are all invited to our School Community Meeting/Hui on Wednesday 9th June @ 5.30 -7pm. We would love for you to come along.
Where: School staffroom and will move to an upstairs classroom.
Ideas: Update on property, discussion on our uniform, planning for Matariki, planning for Term 3 – health meeting.
We will begin with prayer/karakia, meet to talk, then join in a meal/kai. We welcome all your family.
Please let Karen in the school office know if you will be attending.
Blessings from Our Lady of Lourdes School Staff
Fertiliser Drive – Saturday 7th August 8am-noon. We need more volunteers.Wed Jun 02 02:19pm
Hello families. Thank you so much to those who have offered to help with our annual fertiliser drive, your help is very much appreciated.
However we are short on volunteers to help with deliveries on the morning of Saturday 7th August. For each load a driver, delivery person and a trailer/van/truck/ute is required. Unfortunately this event cannot take place if we cannot deliver the orders to our customers and at this stage we just do not have enough volunteers to make this happen.
If you could spare an hour or two on the morning of Saturday 7th August could you please let the school office know as soon as possible.
Our Lady of Lourdes School Staff
Lunchonline Subway Promotion. Please see attached information from Lunchonline. Blessings for your day.Wed Jun 02 11:49am
Child/parent/teacher interviews are open for bookings. Please see this week’s newsletter for information on how to book your interview.Tue Jun 01 11:28am
Hello families. A reminder that we have a Staff Only Day tomorrow (Friday 21st May) and school is closed. Blessings from OLOL School StaffThu May 20 03:19pm
Reminder – Mufti Day tomorrow! Wear something red as a sign of respect for our ANZAC’s. Gold coin donation for the local Poppy appeal.Thu Apr 15 02:18pm
Order with Lunchonline at Our Lady of Lourdes School. Subway is delivered every Wednesday. Order before 9am Wednesdays www.lunchonline.co.nzWed Apr 14 02:25pm