Newsletter 1 March 2016
Welcome to our first Religious Education Newsletter for 2016
Each class is now beginning the Jesus Strand.
Jesus came to show people how to live and lead them to God. He is present today through people, prayer, Scripture, Church and The Sacraments – above all in Eucharist.
You could ask your child;
- How is Jesus a good role model for us?
- How is Jesus our friend?
- How can we remember Jesus and what he has done for us?
Jesus said, “I am the Light of the world.
Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
You can help your child with their RE by;
- Getting them to share their learning from their R.E book if it comes home.
- Reading stories together from the New Testament about Jesus and his ministry.
- Taking your child to Mass and reinforcing that Jesus is present in the Eucharist.
Last Wednesday was Ash Wednesday.
It marked the beginning of the season of Lent, which are the 40 days leading up to Easter. Because this is a time of preparation and repentance we change liturgical colours from green to purple. So we will change the cloths on our prayer tables and you will notice that in the church it will be quite bare.
During Lent, we are encouraged to ‘turn back to God’. We are given the spiritual opportunity to change. He calls us to be new creations, to let go of our old selves and put on the new.
We turn away from sin and be faithful to the Gospel!
Next Newsletter: Holy Week