Newsletter 4 June 2016
God – Te Atua Io Matua Kore
Welcome to our fourth Religious Education Newsletter for 2016
Each class is working on the God Strand
God the Creator is holy and the source of all life, grace and holiness. People are created in the image and likeness of God and are called to believe in God, to adore God and share in God’s wonderful creation.
You could ask your child;
- Why do you think we believe ‘God is Love’?
- How are you being a guardian or caretaker of God’s creations?
- What do you think are some of God’s best creations? (You could even go on a nature walk!)
LovE thE Lord your God with all your hEart, mind, soul and strEngth. Mark 12:30
You can help your child with their RE by;
- Telling your child how you are being a caretaker of God’s creation.
- Sharing the creation story from the Bible and creation stories from other cultures.
- Being grateful and talking about the gifts God has given you and your family.
- Talking about different images of God in the bible helping you describe what God is ‘like’… God like a heavenly Father… A strong rock… An eagle who spreads its wings to catch you… A mother that will never forget you… A shepherd who knows his flock and cares for his sheep. etc
Watch the youtube videoclip “Creation Calling – Are you listening?” Explore and talk about these images from these National Geographic.
We are now back in Ordinary Time and the liturgical colour is green.
Green reminds us to live in the hope of Christ’s promise of eternal life. You will see this colour on our prayer tables in our classrooms. This is a time of growth and life.
We grow in God’s grace, strengthened by the Holy Spirit. Like the apostles, we spread the good news of God’s love to all we meet!