Newsletter 4 August 2016
Sacrament – Hakarameta
Welcome to our fourth Religious Education Newsletter for 2016
Each class is now beginning the Sacrament Strand
A Sacrament is a sign that people can see which helps them know something of the mystery of God who cannot be seen. Sacraments are sign posts that point to God.
You could ask your child;
- Which Sacrament are you learning about?
- What are the signs or symbols for this Sacrament?
In Jeremiah 33:3 the Bible says
Call to Me and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things which you do not know.
When we do this we show we understand the sacred calling through Sacramental Rites.
You can help your child with their RE by;
- discussing their faith journey
- modeling reverence in your family prayer time
- taking your child to Mass and talking about the Sacrament of Eucharist
- Your child is invited to be part of the Baptismal Programme beginning on Sunday 11th September following the 10am Mass.See Fr Vaughan, Mrs Cousins or Ms Brown if you are interested.
- Our Parish/School mass and pancake breakfast is on Sunday 4th September at 10am.