Newsletter 1 February 2018
Welcome to our first Religious Education Newsletter for 2018
Each class is now beginning the Jesus Strand.
Jesus came to show people how to live and lead them to God. He is present today through people, prayer, Scripture, Church and The Sacraments – above all in Eucharist.
You could ask your child;
- How is Jesus a good role model for us?
- How is Jesus our friend?
- How can we remember Jesus and what he has done for us?
At our fabulous school we all strive to be leading lights!
Jesus said, “I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
You can help your child with their RE by;
- Getting them to share their learning from their R.E book if it comes home.
- Reading stories together from the New Testament about Jesus and his ministry.
- Taking your child to Mass and reinforcing that Jesus is present in the Eucharist.
Ash Wednesday signalled the beginning of Lent.
This is a time for reflection and forgiveness.
Next Newsletter: Holy Week