Newsletter 2 March 2018
Lent has been the build up and preparation to Easter, the most important day of our Liturgical year!
Through Holy Week (The last week of this term) we focus on and remember Jesus’ last moments with his friends, his journey to Calvary, and his death. On Easter Sunday we celebrate his victory over death when he rose again!
This Sunday is Palm Sunday. This is the day we remember when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey. The crowd was singing HOSANNA and placed palms and cloaks down before him.
Thursday is known as Holy Thursday and is the time we remember Jesus’ Last Supper with his disciples and the Washing of the Feet.
Friday is known as Good Friday because that is the day that Jesus died.
Easter Sunday is the day that Jesus rose from the dead!
“He is not here he has risen!”
You can help your child with their RE by;
- Talking about sacrifice and giving things up for others.
- Relating the easter eggs to a chicken hatching from an egg as being a symbol of new life when Jesus came out from the tomb.
- Taking your child to Mass over the Easter season.
- Eating hot cross buns on Good Friday – The day Jesus died.
- Sharing the story from the bible about Jesus’ journey to the cross.
Next Newsletter: Holy Spirit – Te Wairua Tapu