Advent – Orokohanga
Each class is now beginning the Liturgical Year module – Advent and Christmas. Advent is a time to prepare the way for the coming of Jesus, Son of Mary and Son of God.
The liturgical colour is purple as we wait with humility and anticipation.
We also light a candle on the advent wreath each week as we get closer to the day we celebrate Jesus’ glorious birth.
You could ask your child;
- Do you know any stories behind different Christmas carols?
- How did people prepare for Jesus’ birth?
The angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I have come to bring you good news, news of great joy, to be shared by all the people. Today, in the City of Bethlehem, a Saviour has been born for you, Christ the Lord”
Gospel of Luke.
You can help your child with their RE by;
- Discussing the Christmas story.
- Reminding them the real ‘present’ and reason for the season is Jesus.
- Make or buy an advent calendar to count down the days until Christmas.
- Take your child to Mass at Christmas
Culture & Christmas Carols Fun Evening – Thursday 12th December 5.30pm
Thanksgiving Mass & Graduation – Thursday 19th
OLOL Parish Christmas Mass Times:
6.00pm OLOL Family/Children Vigil
9.30am OLOL Mass