Hello to our families – Kia ora koutou e te whānau
The senior management team have met to discuss what Level 2 will look like starting MONDAY MAY 18th. Please be reassured that we have put in place the following KINDNESS, HYGIENE and SAFETY PLAN for the wellbeing of all our school community. We have followed the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Health guidelines for what Level 2 looks like in a school. We are taking a very careful approach as we work through a new norm for the school. Please be aware that we will not be back to normal for a little while yet. The following are the expectations for Level 2 for the next two weeks.
Before and after school
(We ask that you quickly and efficiently drop off and pick up your child as quickly as possible. For parents in the courtyard please continue to practise safe social distancing and leave the school grounds as soon as your child has finished their school day.)
*Children will enter through the front pedestrian gate. Please follow our school safety guidelines and leave the driveway free of cars.
*Your child will sanitise their hands here on entry.
*We are required to track every adult that enters the school ground. There will be a staff member on the front gate to do this before 9am. Parents can walk their child to class but for the safety and hygiene care of all we ask that you drop them at the front door of the class where the classroom teacher will be there to greet them.
For the first week we will not have the school road patrol in action. Please cross your child safely. We will review what the needs of the school are after that week.
The Duna Place gate will remain locked for the next two weeks so we can track who is in our school property.
At the end of the day:
Your child will come out with their classroom teacher to the front courtyard area where we ask for you to wait.
- Everyone to sanitise on entry to school.
- Regular hand washing before and after eating and on entering the classroom.
- If your child has a cough, cold, runny nose or is unwell they will need to remain at home – please help us to care for our school community.
- Children will return to their normal classrooms – where measures will be in place for their wellbeing. Discoverers One (Room 1) and Two (Room 2) will be in separate classrooms
- Children will be asked to keep all food in their lunchboxes and brainfood bowls will not be used.
- Classroom and school areas will be thoroughly cleaned everyday.
- There will be split morning teas and lunches for the junior/senior classes for the first two weeks as we carefully encourage safe ‘breathing’ spaces in and out of the classroom.
Please be assured that schools are a safe place for your child. We will be in contact with you over the next 24 hours to confirm your child’s return to school. We hope to rebuild our school year after these surreal days we have all been through. For the first two weeks we will be establishing school and classroom routines, further developing the Mercy motto to ‘LIVE, LOVE AND LEARN the MERCY way and keeping your child’s wellbeing at the forefront of all decisions. We will continue to use the Seesaw App to continue with the wonderful connections we have made.
We will look forward to seeing your child on Monday.
Confirmation of your child’s attendance – Alert Level 2
Dear parents, caregivers and whānau,
As a school we need to confirm all children returning to school at Alert Level 2. We know that schools are safe places for your child to be at. As a school we can reassure you that this is our utmost priority.
Can you please confirm that your child is returning MONDAY MAY 18th by tomorrow afternoon please.
Please reply by:
- emailing your child’s teacher via the Seesaw App,
- email the school
- or reply ‘YES’ using the school APP
If we do not hear from you someone will ring you tomorrow to confirm. There will be a similar programme for those children who need to remain in isolation due to health reasons.
Abundant blessings to you all
The Senior Management Team of …
Mr Anderson, Ms Brown, Mrs O’Connor and Mrs Gilligan